This is a 3/16" thick steel cross member re-enforcement plate to "cap" the factory rear frame cross member on a Jeep TJ, LJ or YJ.
It is designed to beef-up your existing rear frame member AND rear most body mounts. It can also be used as a hi clearance bumper by itself (as we do on our swing down tire carriers) or a re-enforcement under any rear bumper.
As you can see in the pictures, you remove the rear most body mounts and install the plate then slip them back in place.
- Allows you to repair or replace damage rear cross members & body mounts (needed on LJ's).
- Allows you to beef up the factory 1/8" thick rear frame section.
- Can be installed under an existing rear bumper.
- Can be used by itself as a bumper for a better departure angle.
- Bolt-on design
- Shipped to you un-painted
This kit includes:
- (1) Full width laser cut and CNC bent rear plate
- Frame tie-in kit and all hardware.
- Optional backing plate (recommended)
- Requires drilling additional holes in the rear cross member to properly mount it on your Jeep.
- Optional internal "backing plate" is recommended.
- For proper mounting, it requires removing the fuel tank to drill and access center bolts.
- Will NOT work on CJ's.
- If this product is being used under a aftermarket rear bumper to beef up or re-inforce the rear cross member, you may have to cut off and re-weld the lower tabs on the rear bumper (if your bumper has these).