This is the GenRight RBB-1001, a 3/16" thick steel cross member re-inforcement kit for the rear crossmember on the frame of a Jeep.
It is designed to beef-up your existing rear frame member AND body mounts. It can also be used as a high clearance bumper by itself or a re-inforcement under a rear bumper.
As you can see in the pictures, you remove the rear most body mounts and install the plate then slip them back in place.
- C-channel design fits over and under frame.
- Laser cut and CNC formed into shape for a perfect fit.
- Allows you to repair or replace damaged rear cross members & body mounts (needed on LJ's).
- Allows you to beef up rear frame section.
- Can be installed under an existing rear bumper.
- Can be used by itself as a bumper for a better departure angle.
- Bolt-on design.
- Includes Grade 8 mounting hardware.
- Shipped to you unpainted.
This kit includes:
- (1) Full width laser cut and bent rear plate (RBB-1000)
- (2) Outboard rear frame brackets (can not be used on leaf spring vehicles)
- (1) Grade 8, 7/16-20 Hardware kit
- Requires drilling additional holes in the rear cross member to properly mount it on your Jeep.
- Includes hardware.
- Optional internal "backing plate" is recommended and available.
- For proper mounting, it requires removing the fuel tank to drill and access center bolts.
- Will NOT work on CJ's.
- If this product is being used under a aftermarket rear bumper to beef up or re-inforce the rear cross member, you may have to cut off and re-weld the lower tabs on the rear bumper (if your bumper has these).