With a weight capacity up to 1,900 pounds, ORI’s STX struts are ideal for rock crawlers and other lightweight vehicles.
Conventional air shocks are typically set to a low ride height to prevent push-off, but then bottom-out quickly over bumps because of the low ride. Coil-overs are usually set close to full extension to help reduce body roll, but can present a high center of gravity problem when set at full extension. ORI Struts can be set at mid-stroke, both to absorb bumps and to drop out quickly over ruts, so there’s no trade-offs in performance and the operator can enjoy a comfortable ride at any speed.
Dump the sway bar, external bump stops and limit straps — ORI’s STX struts combine all these features in a single package.
STX Struts features:
- Dual-pressurized chambers that provide for unmatched body roll stability in fast turns and on off-camber side hills. Set them to mid-stroke ride height and you can still control body roll without pushing off.
- Specially designed compression damping valve that rushes oil back into the main cylinder 60 percent faster
- 3-stage, velocity-sensitive compression damping that changes your soft ride to firm compression damping as the speed of the piston shaft increases.
- Adjustable nitrogen gas pressures make the struts tunable, so you can choose a firm ride or loose articulation.
- 2-inch piston
- Compact design fits into tight spaces and makes many additional pieces of hardware unnecessary.
- Velocity-sensitive, 7-position externally adjustable rebound damping.
- Internal hydraulic bump stop on compression stroke.
- Hydraulic end-of-stroke cushioning at full extension.
- Cooling fins to dissipate heat and boost performance.
- Lightweight, high-strength construction, featuring billet 6061 aluminum, stainless, and carbon steel.
- Hard chrome steel cylinder and a tough 1¾-inch piston shaft.
- Teflon-lined spherical bearings for ½-inch and 5/8-inch mounting bolts.
- High-pressure 5,000-psi seals for extreme off-road use.
- Operating temperature range from -65° F to +285° F (-54° C to +140° C).
- Corrosion-resistant anodize outer coatings, ensuring years of performance.
ORI Struts have a lot of options and configurations. When you order ORI's from AtoZ you can expect a phone call from us directly to ensure that we have all the details right for your particular setup and configuration including details on resevior setups, mounts, misalignment spacers, etc.
Custom colors have a 3-4 week lead time and they tend to fade faster than black.